Here are directions for drawing simple birds using Mimi the Artist's "side-ways" bird pattern along with a video:
- Decide what color crayons you would like to use for your bird.
- Pick out a piece of paper for the background that would look nice with the color bird that you plan on drawing.
Sometimes it is good to think about where you would like to hang your finished picture and select colors that would look good in that room!
- Trace the side-ways bird pattern using a pencil and keep the lines VERY light, you don't want to see them after you have colored in with the crayons. (Click HERE for the pattern)
- Go over the lines with your crayon. (If you traced the bird on colored paper you can cut it out and paste it onto other paper)
- With a crayon draw the feathers for the wings and tail and draw a circle for the eye.
- As you can see in the picture, the pattern that looks like a "pear" can be used for a bird that is looking at you or for making a side-ways bird, just remember to leave a space where the tail feathers poke out when you are tracing then you can go back and draw the tail feathers!